This programme employs adult learning techniques which include active learning strategies to facilitate understanding and retention. Participants will spend 80% of the time in individual or group activities which allow them to learn, develop and practise English language skills. A pre-test and a post-test (on grammar) are administered to gauge the participants’ retention. A simple workbook is used to facilitate the programme.
1. Module 1
- Overcoming the Fear of the English Language – commitment & promise
2. Module 2
- Stand Up and Speak – taking the first step
3. Module 3
- Subject-Verb Agreement – the fundamental rule of English grammar – matching singular verb to singular
noun and plural verb to plural noun e.g. Ali drives to office every morning, Ali and Mira drive to office
4. Module 4
- In the Office – common words and useful phrases to use in office conversations, meetings and
5. Module 5
- Simple Present & Present Continuous Tense – the use of the simple present tense to describe a truth or a
habitual action e.g. Ali brushes his teeth every morning. The use of the present continuous tense to
describe a current action e.g. Ali is brushing his teeth now.
6. Module 6
- Simple Past & Past Continuous Tense – the use of the simple past tense to describe a past action e.g.
Mila drove to work yesterday. The use of past continuous tense to describe an action that was
happening at a specific time in the past e.g. Mila was watching TV at 10pm yesterday.
7. Module 7
- Telephone Conversation Skills - common words and useful phrases to use in telephone conversations
8. Module 8
- Interacting with Customers – common words and phrases to use in conversation with customers