This programme employs adult learning techniques which include active learning strategies to facilitate understanding and retention. Participants will spend 80% of the time in individual or group activities which allow them to learn, develop and practise English language skills. A pre-test and a post-test (on grammar) are administered to gauge the participants’ retention. A simple workbook is used to facilitate the programme.
- Overcoming the Fear of the English Language – commitment & promise
- Stand Up and Speak – taking the first step
- Subject-Verb Agreement – the fundamental rule of English grammar – matching singular verb to singular
- Noun and plural verb to plural noun. For example, Ali drives to office every morning, Ali and Mira drive to office every morning.
- In the Office – common words and useful phrases to use in office conversations, meetings and presentations
- Simple Present & Present Continuous Tense – the use of the simple present tense to describe a truth or a habitual action. For example, Ali brushes his teeth every morning.
- The use of the present continuous tense to describe a current action. For example, Ali is brushing his teeth now.
- Simple Past & Past Continuous Tense – the use of the simple past tense to describe a past action. For example, Mila drove to work yesterday.
- The use of past continuous tense to describe an action that was happening at a specific time in the past. For example, Mila was watching TV at 10 p.m. yesterday.
- Telephone Conversation Skills - common words and useful phrases to use in telephone conversations
- Interacting with Customers – common words and phrases to use in conversation with customers
Post a Comment